A beautiful country estate, located in the remote Inner Southern Hebrides of Scotland, seeks a super organised and experienced domestic couple.
The couple will be expected to manage the eight bedroomed country house, which is part family home and high-end lets, to a high standard.
As this is a working estate, the successful couple will need a strong work ethic and a flexible attitude – as they will be expected to roll up their sleeves and help wherever is needed, to ensure the estate runs smoothly.
The role is on an initial 12-month contract (with opportunity to become permanent).
- Overall management of the house and estate
- Managing the high end lets and changeovers
- Managing all aspects of the household – paying utilities, shopping, security, general maintenance, liaising with contractors and tradesmen
- Cleaning, laundry, and ironing
- Cooking breakfast, plus packed lunches
- Front of house duties when the family and guests are in residence – preparing the house for arrival, table setting, flower arranging, generally presenting the house to a high standard
- Hosting dinner parties, serving (external chef will be employed when required)
- Supporting the estate shoot lodge/boutique hotel when required
- Driving duties – for the family and guests
- Gardening and maintaining the grounds
Candidates must be/have
- Experience of working within hospitality either Private Household, 5* Hotels or B&B essential.
- Must be dog friendly
- Both car drivers, with a clean driving licence, due to remoteness of the estate
- First class references essential
Isle of Islay.
Rent free cottage on the estate, two-bedroom self-contained annexe.
(£40 per person per week payable towards the electricity and council tax)
- Free firewood from the estate
- Beef, lamb, and venison from the estate
- Staff events throughout the year
- 20% discount for the Bridgend Hotel
Vary – whether high or low season.