A position has opened to work for a dynamic and creative family with a strong commitment to sustainability and respect for nature, and an approach to team culture which holds integrity, empathy and excellence as key values.
The family is seeking a highly motivated team-playing individual to take responsibility for a broad range of housekeeping tasks at their beautifully presented, cosy property in Windsor, and one day a week in Central London.
There is the option for this to be either a live-in or live-out role.
The Housekeeper will play a key role in setting and contributing to a happy and cohesive culture, working closely alongside other team members and the Family. This role will also be key in ensure consistency of approach, standards and culture across all properties owned by the Family.
Reporting to the Estate Director and/or Estate Assistant, the Housekeeper will be responsible for ensuring that the property is maintained to the highest standard and is kept clean, tidy, and organised at all times. Direction may also be given by the Family.
In addition, the Housekeeper will prepare meals for the family from time to time, oversee the purchase of food shopping, and occasionally undertaking administrative and supervisory duties relating to the children who are currently 13 and 15 years old.
The role will be based in Central London one day a week when you will be working closely with the London-based housekeeper.
The family also own a property in Wales and from time-to-time assistance may be required in relation to that property. There are occasional trips to Wales when away and overnight stay is required.
The role will include responsibility for the overall maintenance of the house and contents to the highest possible standard.
- Cleaning, hoovering/mopping, polishing and dusting of all fixtures and fittings, including kitchen appliances, floors, windows and soft furnishings
- Tidying throughout the house, picking up clothes and putting items away, and preparing beds.
- Polishing silver, brass items and glassware
- Removing cut flowers and plants
- Emptying the bins
- Purchase family shopping and ordering items when requested
- Administrative duties such as purchasing and wrapping presents, returning clothing to department stores, matching receipts to statements, identifying, reporting and booking basic maintenance call-outs (such as carpet cleaning, window cleaning, broken items, as well as ad hoc alarm and TV repairs)
- Working with the other members of the team in domestic animal care to include: a dog, cat, rats, hens, ducks and rabbit (also assist with equine duties when required)
- Working with others in assisting in the garden matters
- Identifying and liaising with the in-house driving team
- Considering and implementing ways of reducing energy use and operating in an environmentally sustainable way
- Occasional cooking for the family working with the gardener on the use of produce from garden (the family are vegetarian)
- Ensuring the staff room is keep appropriately stocked with refreshments
The ideal candidate must have good knowledge of fabrics and linens and will undertake the following duties, taking ownership for all laundry related matters at the main property:
- Washing and ironing clothing and linens
- Hand washing delicate items
- Repairs to clothes and linens
- Wardrobe management and maintenance including pictorial and written inventories and trackers
- Unpack and pack bags for the family
- Taking items to be dry cleaned
Children Administration/Supervision duties:
Working with the Family and the Principal’s Executive Assistant in:
- Assisting with Children’s movements including occasional driving
- Occasional daytime and overnight supervision of the children
- Occasional assisting with management of activities
- Working with the team in ensuring consistency in standards, approach and culture between the households in relation to housekeeping matters
- Working closely with the London team to ensure smooth movement of clothes and household items
- Taking responsibility for the management of the VWC attic and storage area
- Clean and tidy the Team staff room facilities once a week (on the basis that all team members share a responsibility to keep the room in reasonable condition)
Candidate must be/have:
- A friendly, hard-working, trustworthy, and honest individual, who has common sense and takes initiative. Needs to have a flexible attitude and strong housekeeping experience. Someone who is discreet, unobtrusive and able to respect the family’s privacy
- An individual with similar experience working in an UHNW household, or yacht, would be a plus
- Must be able to demonstrate they are a team player and will take ownership of tasks and matters
- Excellent written and spoken English is required
- Non-smoker preferred
- Driving licence essential
- Relevant references from previous employers
Typically four days in Windsor and one day in Central London when you will be working with the London housekeeper.
Four days in Windsor, Monday – Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm with occasional overtime in the evenings and weekends and on-call requirements.
One day in London, where the working day will typically be 9:00 – 4.30pm.
Up to £40k (live-in)
Up to £45k (live-out)